Saturday, March 13, 2004

March 11, 2004

 I woke up early this morning and immediately saw the headlines on the internet. The first headline I saw was about a terrorist attack on a train in Madrid. I turned on the TV and most of the stations were covering events as they unfolded or in the process of getting cameras to the scenes. As I watching the tragedy unfold I felt pangs of remembrance, heaviness and sadness that I felt on September 11. Thankfully, not nearly as many people were killed, but I could not help but well up with tears as I saw the confusion and pain of all the innocent civilians in the aftermath of the attack. Tonight we had an art discussion planned at our house, but we decided to post-pone the discussion to another night. There was a definite somber mood in the air as the students had spent most of the day watching the facts come out little by little on TV. We had a time of debriefing the day with the students who came and then had a time of prayer. Thank you for praying for Spain right now. "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

No comments: