Friday, October 07, 2005

Back Online

Hey, thanks for your patience, everyone. Sorry about the internet fiasco and slow communication. We are now back online. It has been a great fall here in SdC with the students returning back to school. Santiago has morphed from a tourist town back into a college town. I always prefer the town with students more. Something about the students bring a vibrancy and life to the SdC. I had the privilege two weeks ago of going to Holland and visiting one of my good friends Marcel. We met in Santiago when he worked a Christian hostel for the group Oasis Trails. It was good hanging out with him and meeting his family. The were very hospitable and I felt like I received an insiders look at Holland. I was very impressed by their bicycling culture, something you almost have to see to understand. Besides visiting a lot of the tourist things like the VanGogh Museum and the Church tower in Utrecht, we also got visit a hostel ministry and a cafe ministry that reach out to youth in Amsterdam. It was great to see what they are doing in the midst of that beautiful country.

No comments: