Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mid Week Fun

Rome- I have been watching a Discovery Channel 8 part special on the rise and fall of Rome. It is very interesting and there are many things that we Americans should pay attention to as our society has many parallels to Rome.

Well, speaking of Rome, Lori is in Rome right now with her Mom, her Mom's best friend Gail and Gail's daughter Adrienne. Our good friend Father Sal who is a retired Catholic priest here in SdC just happened to have a trip scheduled there for the Same time. Today he is acting as their tour guide and showing them the Vatican. Tomorrow they are going to check out Florence.

Home- Abi, Isa and I are hanging out a lot this week. We reduced my hours at the cafe this week to enable me to be a stay at home dad. Yesterday afternoon I took the girls to my favorite plant store outside of town and then they helped me plant some new flowers on our back patio. It was such a hot day that by the end I ended up watering them with the hose as well as the flowers. They squealed with delight. Today I am planning on taking them to a park and then to "Old MacDaonald's" (as Isa calls it) for some ice cream.

Gnome- If Lori was here she would groan and probably make me change this post because it really has nothing to do with gnomes I just wanted to keep rhyming (hey, I've been hanging out with a two and four year old this week so cut me some slack). Anyways, I have posted some new photos here, here and here.

Roam- Hah, different kind of Rome. OK, enough. No more. I gotta stop. Anyway I wanted to encourage you to roam the net to see some of my favorite blogs this week.

  • I wanted to Highlight Todd´s Blog in Paris. He has been writing some great articles about immigrants (a touchy topic, I know, but definitely a topic worth thinking about.
  • I also wanted to highlight Missions Misunderstood. This missionary works for the IMB, but his posts are often relevant for anyone taking part in short or long term missions.
  • Of Course, you can always check out my team mate Jacob´s blog to see more of what is happening here in SdC and some of the things that we talk about.
  • Rainy Spain is another cool blog by an American who lives in SdC
  • Also, if you have never visited the Tall Skinny Kiwi site you should. This guy blogs more in a day than anyone else I know. He definitely has his finger on the pulse of the blogosphere.

No comments: