Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bible Geek T-shirt Contest

For some time we have wanted to design Terra Nova t-shirts, but we have not wanted to invest too much (hardly any, like close to zero) of our hard earned cafe Euros towards this. Stencil art has become pretty popular here in Galicia. Most of the best stencil "artists" practice on buildings and doorways in dimly lit streets late at night. However, the other day I stumbled on a cool web site that shows how to stencil your own t-shirts (the appropriate way for law abiding but creative citizens like myself to stencil). Using photoshop and basic things laying around the house I began making stencils of friends, darth vader, and the cafe symbol.

Then I began making some that I have affectionately titled the "Bible Geek Series". The symbol in the photo is one from this series and I have decided to have a little competition. The winner will receive one free t-shirt that I will ship to anywhere in the world (that t-shirts are allowed to be shipped).

The rules are simple. In the comment section of this post explain what you think this group of symbols mean.

1) The winner will be the first person to accurately decipher and explain the symbols in a comment.

2) In the event that no one gives the correct answer the award will be given to the most creative and entertaining answer as judged by myself and Lori.

All entries must be turned in by October 25, 2006 to be considered. No purchase necessary. Multiple entries are acceptable. All members of team Spain and my immediate household are not eligible to receive the prize. In the event that someone leaves a post that is exceptionally funny I may send them a t-shirt anyway even if someone else gets the right answer, because I'm like that. That choice would be entirely up to me and would be beyond the scope of the contest rules and regulations.

3 comments:

betty said...

Carambas Mateo,no es justo! Yo quería participar en el concurso pero...tienes que traducir los símbolos al castellano(ji-ji-jí)Me parece una idea muy divertida.Bicos

Anonymous said...

YHWH + Lord = Jehovah

I don't know if there is a deeper meaning than that, but that's the literal translation.

Anonymous said...

my first attempt at deciphering the riddle resulted in a fairly complex "expanding universe" theory involving gary coleman, elvis, and nostradamus... but then as i widdled away at my conclusion, i realized that there is just no possible way gary coleman and elvis would have ever had anything to do with eachother (they are at totally opposite ends of the entertainment spectrum!). chock one up for the newbie, i guess.

that said, you've got me pretty well stumped. can you give us any hints? it's definitely not in klingon, hebrew, or greek... it's a stencillation.... should i be looking into it, rather than "at" it? is this some sort of conspiracy?

final answer = 1 + 1 = 2