Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Kind of Random

This has been a crazy period of adjustment for Lori and I (and Jacob and Tania) as we have taken over a major portion of the cafe responsibilities and all that it entails to keep it running. Even with all of the craziness involved in keeping the cafe operating, I do occasionally get some time to read. I am reading a book right now that I am absolutely loving. It is called The Shaping of Things to Come: Innovation and Mission for the 21 Century Church and if you have not read it then I highly recommend it. It talks about both mission and the church and is very useful for those of us who are not satisfied with everything the way it has been done in the past, but are also skeptical of every new fad or Church in a Box that comes around the corner.

Some times those who work in cross-cultural ministry setting have a difficult time communicating what is happening in their ministry while trying to remain sensitive to the people to whom they minister. I have found this to be the case as there is way more happening in my life and around me than I feel liberty to talk about online or in letters. My basic rule as that I consider that whatever I write or blog may be seen by anyone, and so I try not to write something about someone unless I am totally OK with them reading what I write. Here is how someone working in Australia describes "What Mission Looks Like at LivingRoom ". I really resonated with this article!

Jacob has been writing and doing a great job talking about what has been happening around here in SdC. Check out this , this, and this.

I have been trying to keep up with posting our photos online, but have fallen dreadfully behind (sorry to all the grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles). I will try to keep up with posting photos of the most important people here ( Abi and Isa in case there is any doubt). In the meantime you are free to peruse the following albums whenever you would like. The Family Album, The Friends Album, or take a look at our city in the Sights in Santiago Album. I do hope to add some new photos soon.

No comments: